To support the Commercial Director to ensure the smooth running of the finance function on a day to day basis. This includes, but is not limited to, bookkeeping, invoicing, credit control, financial reporting and control, and assisting with budgeting and payroll. The position is full-time, over 5 days.
Principal duties and responsibilities
- To maintain the companies’ financial records using financial software (Quickbooks) in a prompt, accurate and orderly fashion.
- Duties include day to day administration of various functions within the finance department including sales ledger, purchase ledger and credit control
- To maintain the companies’ other financial records in an accurate, orderly and comprehensive fashion.
- Work closely with the Commercial Director to assist in preparation of monthly management accounts
- Responsible for all aspects of the accounting function up to Trial Balance level, including completing monthly journals, accruals/prepayments and fixed asset register
- To maintain the level of debtors as required from time to time and to prepare regular aged debtor reports for the Directors
- Assisting in the annual budgeting process
- Liaising with service managers across the business to ensure effective communication and timely and accurate provision of financial information
- Daily cash/bank reconciliations using Quickbooks accounting software
- To prepare regular and ad hoc management reports as required.
- Monthly reconciliation of balance sheet accounts
- Responsible for maintaining and reconciling petty cash and credit cards for all business units
- Maintaining computerised Fixed Asset Register, including additions and disposals
- To assist in other areas consistent with a co-operative attitude to working in a small office.
- Complete weekly support hour spreadsheet and ensure corresponding invoices are produced in a timely and accurate manner
- To maintain the confidentiality of the company’s financial and other records, including in particular the personal information held on service users To undertake such other administrative tasks as are necessary to ensure the smooth running of the accounts department
- Responsible for co-ordinating various company contracts, including but not limited to, utilities, mobile phones and land line telephone contracts
Key skills required
- Part qualified AAT, or other recognised bookkeeping or accounting qualification
- Strong communication skills and the ability to meet strict deadlines
- Proven experience of producing/assisting in completion of monthly management accounts
- Attention to detail and strong numeracy skills
- Knowledge of Quickbooks desirable
- Strong IT skills, working knowledge of Word/Excel or Numbers/Pages