We are looking for an experienced Engineering Manager to join this successful, well established business.
You role will be to manage and fully develop the Engineering Operation in line with Business requirements.
- Continuously evaluate skills of Engineering team and identify training needs. Organise suitable training and development programmes in conjunction with your line manager to benefit the Engineering operation, the individual and the business
- Assist with increasing the technical skills of the Production operation
- Set, agree and monitor relevant operating budgets to include direct labour, revenue and capital in conjunction with the Director. Identify, agree and achieve savings and manage capital projects as agreed.
- Develop a solid working relationship with your line manager to promote the most efficient and cost effective solutions within your department while still meeting internal/external customers' objectives. Monitor the training programmes within the department. To include assisting implementation programmes and continuing evaluation of programmes
- Make major improvements in the mechanical efficiency of key lines and develop continuous improvement and awareness plans to support this.
- Increase efficiency of change over times and develop and drive through training plans to assist this process
- Drive and develop sustainable continuous improvement project work relevant to the Engineering and Production operation
- Develop and implement a planned preventative maintenance system and implement an effective process to manage change parts and spares.
- Manage site services operation.
- Evaluate potential new equipment and carry out machine acceptance trial when necessary.
- Any reasonable additional duties requested or delegated by your manager.
As a candidate you will need to have worked in a similar position and have experience within an fmcg/ pharmaceutical industrial